Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Halloween"

This year, Halloween was on a Sunday. Being Utah, everyone changed the holiday to Saturday. Joe and I celebrated both days of Halloween, but this post is about Saturday.

We actually woke up early to go car shopping (post coming soon). I wanted to be home by 3 so we would have enough time to carve pumpkins. However, we fell in love with a car and after a long test drive, a check with a mechanic, and all the paper work, we didn't get home until closer to 5 (not that I can complain, I drove home in our new car!).

We got right to carving pumpkins. I usually like to buy normal sized, round pumpkins, but this year, a 38 pound monster pumpkin caught my eye and I couldn't leave it in the Smith's bin, so I bought it. Joe and I carved two pumpkins each.

Just as it was getting time for the trick or treaters to be out, it started raining really hard. I was sad, thinking we wouldn't get as many kids around, but we did! This is such a great neighborhood for trick or treating.

We had our standard Halloween dinner of a pumpkin shaped pizza and lots and lots of candy. After the kids stopped coming by, Joe and I watched Paranormal Activity. Neither of us had seen it before. It wasn't that scary, but it was fun to watch on "Halloween" night!

Photobucket
My big pumpkin!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Joe's awesome pirate ship!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Our costumes. I was a sailor and Joe was a pirate.

No comments:

Post a Comment