Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cooking on Halloween

I had a lot of baking/cooking projects that I had been wanting to try out. Since Halloween was a Sunday, I had lots of time to play in the kitchen!

First, I started making crock pot applesauce. I had read about it online and found a ridiculously easy recipe. I used honeycrisp apples, which are awesome, but pricey. Next time I'll probably use a mix of apples.

Photobucket
Peeling and slicing the apples

Photobucket
The applesauce! My crock pot is tiny so it only made a little. We ate it over slow churned vanilla bean ice cream. So yummy!

Photobucket
Next, it was time to make caramel. I've never made caramel before, but I found a really easy recipe for honey caramel.

Photobucket
Caramel apples!

And finally, I wanted to make another round cake because I had so much fun making Joe's baseball cake. I made this one a pumpkin. We had so much sweet stuff around the house though so Joe took this one to school.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment