Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Cake Boss day (sort of)

Have you ever seen the show Cake Boss? This guy makes seriously amazing cakes. Today was my wonderful husband's birthday and I wanted to make him a really special dessert. The cake I made wasn't as awesome as the ones in the show, but I think I did a pretty good job. :)

Months ago, Joe mentioned that he would like to have a baseball cake someday. I found a baseball cake making set and hid it away until today. He worked on some house projects (that will be blogged) and I set to work baking Joe's surprise baseball cake.

Photobucket
Cake batter baking in the oven

Photobucket
Done baking

Photobucket
I had to cut the cakes so they would fit together

Photobucket
Cooling

Photobucket
Homemade buttercream frosting

Photobucket
Frosted

Photobucket
Decorated! (The lines aren't perfect, but I've never decorated a cake before)

Photobucket
25 years old

Photobucket
Surprise!

Photobucket
Happy Birthday, Love

1 comment: