Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Day

On Christmas Day, we woke up at 7:30. The kids got their stockings/gifts first. The cats got a laser pointer, toy mice, a feather toy, some snacks, and a couple other little things. The dog got a "lobster dinner" of chew toys and some treats.

Photobucket

Then Joe and I opened our stockings from each other. I got Joe a bunch of fun little things like play doh, legos, and a 20 questions game. He got me a movie I wanted, U earrings, a stuffed hamster, and an UNO game.

Photobucket

On to the gifts under the tree! Our midnight presents had been a U hoodie for Joe and an adorable woolen doll for me. Christmas morning, Joe opened his Mets watch and I got a sapphire bracelet, a back massager, and an aromatherapy pillow.

Photobucket
Our tree

Photobucket
Lit up

Photobucket
Christmas morning chaos

After Christmas morning at our house, we headed to my parents house. We walked in to a huge pile of gifts under the tree and full stockings. Ethan, Jessica, and James came over and opened stockings and gifts before having our annual breakfast of Christmas casserole, fruit, and croissants.

I got many wonderful gifts. I got a foot spa, a gift certificate for a pedicure, nail polish (see the theme?), perfume, some Harry Potter cookbooks, the AG snowcone stand, Glee karaoke revolution for wii, a red toaster, cookie cutters (from Joe's mom) and some other fun things.

Photobucket

Joe got a really nice acoustic guitar, a sweater, and some Nightmare before Christmas figures.

Photobucket

We also got a date night from Ethan and Jessica which included a gift card for dinner at a great restaurant, a gift card for dessert, and a gorgeous lantern for our new house.

We lounged for the rest of the day playing with our new things and then Ethan, Jessica, and James came back over for Christmas dinner of ham, salads, and rolls. I tried to make my eggnog cheesecake again, but it didn't work out as well.

Great Christmases this year. I was sad to have them all end.

No comments:

Post a Comment