Monday, June 28, 2010

Wedding Day!

I have several posts I want to make from the last week so this one is just the beginning. I am a married lady now!

I woke up the morning of June 26th feeling very nervous. Joe made me a eat a bagel and drink some lemonade and I started to feel much better. My mom arrived at the hotel and gave me some wonderful presents and shortly after, Nan arrived and did my hair exactly how I wanted it! I took my time getting ready at the hotel and visiting with Joe every now and then. At 3:20 I headed up to Millcreek Inn with some of the ladies.

Everything was a little chaotic at Millcreek Inn, but I stayed really calm the whole time. All the vendors arrived and I put my dress on. When the ceremony was almost ready to start, I got asked if I had the marriage license. Oops. We had remembered EVERYTHING except for that. Luckily, Joe's mom had some very generous friends who were willing to miss our ceremony and get the license from our house. They really saved the day! The ceremony was beautiful. I had a lot of people tell us how great it was.

Dinner was fantastic, although I couldn't eat much because Jessica had tied my corset back so tight! (Exactly how it should have been!) The cake was wonderful too and everyone must have liked it because we only had one slice left to bring home!

I feel like I really enjoyed every second. I took time to breathe and look around and enjoy being with the people I love most.

After the wedding, we got whisked away in a limo (never been in one before!)to the castle creek inn http://www.castleutah.com/ an absolutely amazing castle themed inn that Joe surprised me with. I could not have picked a more perfect place to stay. (Post on Castle Creek coming soon!)

Here are a few pictures. We gave our camera to a friend and asked her to take some pictures (our pros won't be back for a month) and she did an amazing job. I'll post some more later!

Photobucket
Joe putting my ring on

Photobucket
Me putting Joe's ring on him

Photobucket
The whole wedding party

Photobucket
I love this pic of my mom and me

Photobucket
The cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment