Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thanksgiving

I thought I should post about Thanksgiving sometime before Christmas! Thanksgiving was quite different this year. Jessica asked if we could celebrate it on Friday. We weren't sure what to do on Thursday, but finally decided that we wanted to go out to a restaurant. We were hosting Friday Thanksgiving at our house so we didn't want to cook 2 big meals in a row. We picked out a Park City restaurant that was serving a fancy Thanksgiving dinner and made reservations. It wasn't the same as a home-cooked turkey dinner, but it was very good and Emilia loved all the people (it was packed!)

On Friday, everyone made the drive to our house for Friday Thanksgiving. I followed all the traditional recipes and I think everything tasted pretty good. Emilia was busy with everything and missed her afternoon nap so she was pretty grumpy all through dinner. There was one moment where Juliet was playing with a ceramic turkey and I said, "I hope you don't break that, sweetheart" which was a big mistake because Juliet is very sensitive and started crying which made tired Emilia cry which made James run into the living room crying. I sat at the table trying to decide if I wanted to laugh or cry along with the kiddos. I decided to laugh. It's a pretty great (first hosted) Thanksgiving memory and a reminder that things won't always turn out exactly as planned.

I wish I had taken more pictures of Emilia. I certainly spent a lot of time thinking about how thankful I am for my little family!

Even though dinner was at our house, my mom provided the traditional ornaments and chocolate turkeys


Turkey!

My sleepy baby. This dress had a turkey on it, but it isn't showing here. Emilia loves her cousins! She followed Juliet around all night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment