Tuesday, March 20, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

We had a really fun St. Patrick's Day. Joe had to get up early to take the mpre, but I slept in and then found some terrible leprechaun horror movies on syfy to watch. Joe got back from his test and we had lunch and then started cooking. I started making Irish soda bread which is something I've never made before. Once the bread was done, we started our "Irish Stew." It was beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, green beans, and rosemary. I put Irish music on Pandora and Joe and I danced around the kitchen while we cooked. When dinner was almost ready, Joe made me a sour apple martini. I wanted something festive for the holiday, but I hate beer so I decided a green martini was the way to go (Joe had a Guinness.) Everything was fantastic. The stew was yummy and the bread was awesome. That recipe is definitely a keeper.

Photobucket
Green shirt, green drink

Photobucket
Big pot of hot stew

Photobucket
Joe helping Bo dance an Irish jig

No comments:

Post a Comment