Monday, July 20, 2009

Hot July weekend

Since the weather looked nice and we haven't had a good summer weekend at the farmhouse (stupid rainy June) we decided to head down for a weekend in the country.

On Saturday, we mostly hung around the house reading and working on a puzzle. My mom came down on Saturday afternoon and we all had a lovely dinner of grilled salmon, farm fresh corn on the cob, and sweet potatoes.

On Sunday, I really wanted to drive up to a reservoir that my sibs and I found a couple of years ago. I don't know what it's called, but it's beautiful and not crowded. Joe and I headed up after breakfast and I was disappointed to see that there was still some snow on the mountain tops. I thought it would be too cold to play in the water.

When we got there though, it was warm enough for me to change into my swimming suit and swim around a bit. Though, it was a bit unnerving with all the fish!

Photobucket
The lake

Photobucket
Joe only wanted to wade

Photobucket
I wanted to swim out to a rock that I could see from the shore

Photobucket

Photobucket
Pretty wildfowers

Photobucket
Fluffy white clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment